Friday 23 September 2011

Quilting inspiration.

Good morning! I hope you are sunny and happy and looking forward to the day ahead.

As you may know, i have just started learning to quilt. So far i have made two quilts, one for me and Lawrence and one for Lawrence's brother and his wife.

I am therefore very new to quilting and have so far been making it up as i go along. Now, as much as i love our quilt, i need to buy a good book and learn how to do it properly. Plus i know i need to get all the quilting tools like a rotary cutter and mat and patchwork ruler (whatever they are!?) and at the moment i'm a bit clueless.  How are your quilting skills? Do you know a good quilting book?

I can only do quilts with patchwork squares, but have been looking at others quilts for inspiration. What do you think? Aren't they lovely? I'm hoping that looking at them will give me the push i need to learn all the difficult technical skills. Imagine being able to make quilts like these!



No comments:

Post a Comment