Wednesday 28 September 2011

A little birdy told me...

Hello hello! How are you on the sunny Wednesday afternoon? (i hope it is sunny where you are, if it isn't i'm sorry i wasn't trying to rub you nose in it).

I have just had the two best days with my chums. There was cake baking, film watching and a glass of vino or two. Amazing.

We made the most brilliant cupcakes called 'Black Bottom Cupcakes' from the Hummingbird Bakery recipe book. I have to admit i was a bit dubious about them at first and had to be talked into making them, but boy was a glad i was! They are half chocolate cake, half cheesecake with chocolate chips and cream cheese icing! I think i must have been half mad not to want to give them a go.
 (sorry for the rubbish quality photos, i only had by phone on me).
 This is the cheesecake chocolate chip part that you put in the case with the chocolate sponge part).


The recipe was actually fairly straightforward and they came out perfectly. The only alteration i would make (if you fancy giving them a go) is not to add all the egg to the cheesecake part of the cupcake when mixing the ingredients together. We added all the egg to the first lot we made and it was far too runny. Add about a third of an egg and that should be fine.


 (borrowed my friend's much better phone to take pictures of the end result).

We also caught up with the BBC's Great British Bake Off. Have you been watching this? I am slightly obsessed. It's compulsive viewing (if you're me anyway) and it also teaches you invaluable things like cupcakes are called cupcakes as they used to be baked in tea cups. Did you know this? I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment