Wednesday 30 November 2011

Christmassy London.

Good morning to you! How are you today? I hope you are well. Many people seem to have picked up a nasty cold and are poorly, so i hope you aren't one of them.

I went to London yesterday, Christmas shopping with my mum and sister. I had a really great time and got some wonderful Christmas presents.

First we went to Covent Garden.  All the decorations are now up and it is very festive and looks lovely. I spied a gigantic Christmas tree which made me smile.

We shopped for ages and then decided we needed to be fed and watered to went to Rules for lunch. If you have never been there it is a must. It's not the cheapest of places but it's worth it. It's very old school but the food is amazing.




I had steak and kidney pie and a gin and tonic and it was delicious. The whole place smelt of Christmas trees and it made me feel very Christmassy!

We then got caught in a down pour so took shelter in Fortnum and Masons (not a bad place to shelter). We bought lots of food, mainly chocolates and biscuits, and had afternoon tea.




They also had the most amazing Christmas decorations, very bright and shiny with lots show girls, circus masters and feather covered trees. It looked fab.

By that point we were pooped so we made our weary way to the train station and made our way home. What a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment