Tuesday 23 August 2011

You're such a sweetie.

I have a confession to make. I have a teeny tiny obsession with American sweets. Actually not just sweets and not just from America. I love food that is not readily available in the UK. But this is mainly concentrated on sweets, and the Americans do cheap and cheerful candy very well.

I have been known to spent hours happily wandering around supermarkets when in the US, they fascinate me.

Yesterday i went to Bluewater (not quite the US, but somewhere in the middle of Kent). I loved one little shop that was stuffed full of American fare. Expensive, but brilliant.

I could have spent a fortune, however i only bought two things (that actually did cost a small fortune): a chocolate bar called Oh Henry! and a packet of Peanut Butter M&Ms (the Oh Henry didn't even last till i could take a photo!). Both were very tasty, but i am a big fan of the peanut butter M&Ms, they are delicious.

It seems that nearly all American candy bars have peanuts or peanut butter in and that's more than alright with me, i'd happily eat them all. Except Hershey's. I don't like Hershey's, they have got that all wrong. It tastes awful.

Do you like foreign chocolate? Brightly coloured cereal? Fish shaped crackers?  I love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment