Wednesday 31 August 2011

I love tea and cake.

So yesterday i said that i fancied making some cushions. So i did!

I had a go at sewing the lettering on my machine, and whilst it is not the straightest sewing in the world, it was a hundred times faster than by hand. I do find the curved edges a wee bit tricky though. Do you have any tips on doing this? I would love any advice clever people had to give me.

I am pleased with them, i like the fact they are bright and colourful. They'll replace the cushions we had on our sofa, which were looking a bit tired.


What do you think? Do you like them? I guess they won't be everyone's cup of tea, and that's ok. I used leftover material from James and Chloe's quilt and i like the busy images of crazy things. They make me smile.

I also made some more plum jam, which turned out as good as the first batch. I feel the need to make as much jam as possible now, while all the fruit is ripe. Everyone who knows me is bound to end up with one jam or another come christmas, you have been warned!

Ummm, i could go some tea and cake.....

No comments:

Post a Comment