Sunday 21 August 2011

Yarn Bombing...

..also known as yarn storming. Knitted graffiti brightening up otherwise boring or mundane street furniture. I love it. Check out these pictures i took along Southsea sea front the other day. Someone has been busy!




The origin of yarn bombing is unclear, but it is thought to have started in the US. There is a yarn Bombing website here.


In the UK, there is a dedicated team of yarn stormers brightening up the streets of London. You can find their website here. The telephone box they covered in lots of brightly coloured wool is amazing (see the bottom of this post).



A few months ago i was wandering about in Southsea and i happened upon a tree covered in knitting. I didn't have my camera with me to take a photo. I cannot now find this illusive tree, but if i do happen upon it again i'll make sure to get a snap and show you, it looked fab.


I have been told there are more yarn bombs around Southsea so i'll have to keep a look out to see what i can see.
Have you heard of this? Have you seen any? I like the idea of making something cheerful by covering it in brightly coloured wool. It make me smile. Let me know if you see any good yarn bombs near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment