Saturday 3 March 2012

Bento boxes.

Woooo Sunday morning! (sorry, that's probably a little loud and excitable for first thing in the morning. I've had a lot of coffee and am getting myself all geared up for a busy sunday at work).

Have you got any plans for the day? I am going to work and then am going for a very yummy dinner at my moosh's house. Hopefully a roast, although the boeuf bourguignon we had a couple of weeks ago was also memorable. To be fair, any meal i don't have to cook is a good meal in my opinion!

I've been thinking about holidays quite a bit recently. Might start saving up for my next trip. I would absolutely love to go to Japan. The culture, food and style fascinates me.

Just look at these amazing bento boxes for example. 'Bento' is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Japanese cuisine. A traditional bento consists of rice, fish or meat, and one or more pickled or cooked vegetables, usually in a box-shaped container.

But the amazing part is the style and look of some bento boxes. They stop being food and become art. I would love to have a lunch that looked like any of these!




 Domo bento!

Aww.
 I had to include some russian doll bentos!

The time and care that goes into these meals is amazing. Imagine getting to lunchtime at work and opening any of these, it would definitely make you smile! Fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment