Saturday 16 July 2011

And a good slosh of ginger beer.

Good morning! I hope you are having a nice Saturday. I'm sat on my sofa wishing it was sunny, i always feel in a merrier mood when the sun is out. Today it is hiding and the rain is hitting the window here reminding me that i have to walk to work in a bit. boo.

However, after today i have three days off which will be lovely, and will mean that i can hopefully get on with lots of things. I will let you know what i get up to.

It's also Lawrence's birthday on Sunday and some of his friends are coming to stay. They are always good fun so after i have finished work today i will have a good weekend, even if it is raining.

Plus my ginger beer is ready! Woop. I tried a bit of it and it is delicious! I think i will make some more as i don't think these two bottles will last long! If you want to make some you can find the recipe here.

I can't believe how simple it is to make. I left it for three days which is about the right amount of time i would say. Plus i let the air out of the bottles about twice a day as they went really hard quicker than the recipe said. I also just put the ginger, honey and lemon straight in the bottle with the yeast and ginger rather han mix it together first, which didn't seem to make any difference.






I would say it's about 6% alcohol now, which is perfect for little me. Plus i'll have something i made myself to offer our guests when they arrive later on today! (as well as the home made flavoured vodka i made at Christmas).
Have a go, if you like ginger, you'll love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment