Friday 9 December 2011

Real or fake?

I have to confess at the start of this post to being a Christmas tree snob. Yup, i am. For as long as i can remember i have looked down on the fake Christmas tree.

I would never have dreamed of having anything but the real thing. But this year i had a sudden change of heart. Why? I have no idea.

I suddenly decided to cross over to the other side and embrace the fake fellow that is the plastic tree. And i went the whole hog and got a white sparkly one!









Now my flat will not smell like Christmas trees (although i could always buy Heston's mince pies and fill my house with the smell of Christmas trees that way, have you seen those mince pies? The ones that when warmed smell like Christmas trees! Madness) but also i won't be picking up pine needles off the carpet till summer.





I reserve the right to change my mind next year and go back to my snobbish ways.  However, for this year, i am LOVING my tree. It is amazing and bright and garish and Christmassy. Fab.





We also decorated the rest of the lounge with bits and bobs and it's making me feel very festive. What do you think of our tree? Are you a real of fake kinda person?

No comments:

Post a Comment