Wednesday 5 October 2011

Great places to buy lovely things.

I recently realised (it took me a while as i tend to walk around with my heads in the clouds and don't see what's right in front of me) that there are some great independent shops and tearooms around these days where you can purchase beautiful products.

Near me (Portsmouth, UK) there are the following wonderful places. If you are every round my way, and you fancy it, pop in:

Flo and Stan, Albert Road, Southsea.
Quite a new one, but i love it. It's practically perfect in every way and a lot like how i would want my future shop to be. Damn them!

Like a Tea Tray In The Sky, Osborne Road, Southsea.
A little tearoom with a lovely shop in the back showcasing the creative talents of local people.


Aspex Gallery, Gunwhalf, Portsmouth. Wonderful gallery with a fab shop. You can read all about them here.

Pretty Scruffy, Cooper Street, Chichester. I have to admit this is on my 'i really want to go there but haven't quite made it there yet' list. However, just look at it, i know i would love it. They have a website here.

Manna Tearoom, High Street, Old Portsmouth. Lovely tea and cake and a great little selection of cute bits and bobs to buy. I have to admit nepotism here as this is where i work! It really is a lovely little independent tearoom though.


No comments:

Post a Comment