Thursday 2 February 2012

A knitted bus stop in Portsmouth!

Good morning to you. Now i know it's Friday and nearly the weekend and all that (for those who don't work the weekend, hmpf) but it still doesn't make getting out of bed any easier. Especially when it's this cold. I don't like the cold.

But at least it's been lovely and sunny so i can't complain really (even if i just did a little bit).

However this put a smile on my face: Guerilla Knitters, a local knitting group, have been working hard and have transformed a bus shelter on Eastney road, Portsmouth into a knitted living room! Amazing.

I have mentioned yarn bombing around Portsmouth before, i think it's great and makes an otherwise boring and dreary object into something sunny and bright and fun.

(please note that all the photos i am using are kindly taken from Georgina Giles' blog here).



The installation is “a comment on homelessness and the financial crisis that grips the country at the present time”. I think it's great. I haven't had a chance to see it myself yet but i'm going to have to go and check it out.

It's also going to be installed in various places around Portsmouth, i don't know where yet but i am trying to find out. I'll let you know if i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment