Saturday 7 May 2011

Hello!

Thank you for clicking onto my little blog. I decided to start this blog to document all the crafty things i do and also, hopefully, record the process of setting up my own gift/craft type shop.

I have always been a person who loves to make things, i have fond memories of learning how to knit little squares with my great grandmother as a child (which she let me keep in an ornate metal tin which i wish i still had). These days i love to make things for my home, friends and family which they hopefully like and aren't just humoring me!

I also want to record of all the wonderful crafty things i find that other clever people are making/ talking about. I love it when you find something someone has made that you love. Don't you? I tend to then try and think about how i can use that cleverness to make something of my own, sometime very similar, sometime off at a tangent but that's the fun of it i think.

I do a lot of crocheting, knitting and have just started making quilts (well 'quilt', singular). I made it up as i went along and think i should buy a book on how to do it properly as i'm sure i have picked up lots and lots of bad habits already). However, it is very cute and snuggly and bright and covered in bright Japanese kawaii fabric, which i love. What do you think?

I hope that you will enjoy reading about what i get up to. My name is Anna, pleased to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment