Tuesday 10 May 2011

Book clubs and business plans

Do you ever feel like you should be doing something but you do a hundred other things instead? That's what i feel like i've been doing lately.

You may or may not know but i have a grand master plan. It is to open a shop which sells the things i make and also the wonderful things that others make, others who need an outlet for those things. And things that i think are lovely and i think that people will want to buy, things that will make them smile and feel happy. I want the shop to be quirky and fun and gorgeous and vintage and lovely. That is my dream.

Unfortunately, i have to do a lot of sensible business type things to make this happen. Things like working out finances and writing a business plan. Not fun.

I have bought books and am doing research (i am good at research, i used to be a lawyer, but that's another story). Research is not fun.

I also have to work. I love my job (it's not the lawyer type job i used to have but a fun job where i get paid for making cakes and chatting with nice people) but it takes up a lot of my time. Plus this week we started the book club at work which is lovely and interesting but means more time away from the grand master plan.


But i'll get there, and hopefully it won't take me too long. Now, back to those books......

No comments:

Post a Comment