Wednesday 19 December 2012

Time to ice that cake!

Hooray! It's time to ice the Christmas cake!

Now i have been known to get a bit colourful and creative with the Christmas cake (i will show you my previous years offering in a bit). But this year i was given a new challenge. My little sister Amy insisted it had red and white mushrooms on it! Now how was i gonna get them on a cake and keep it Christmassy?!?

So i started off by covering it in a layer of marzipan. So far so good.



I then had the idea of making the cake itself green. To look like grass. A good basis for the mushrooms to sit on i thought. So i got my green food colouring paste and added a lot of it to the ready roll icing (and got very green hands in the process!).



I then rolled out white icing to look like patches of snow and made little red mushrooms. I put a snowman figure on and a load of glitter and i was done! I am very pleased with it. What do you think? Do you like it? What does your cake look like this year? Christmas and mushrooms on one cake. Woop!





And just to show you what i have done in the past, here are pictures of my cakes from the past two years. They are all very different!





No comments:

Post a Comment