Thursday 16 August 2012

More jam!

Good evening! Are you having a good week? I do hope you are.

Having made jam yesterday i fancied giving another recipe a go and so spent an hour or so this evening making some more. You can never have enough jam in my opinion. This time it was spiced blueberry.


I started off with 600g of blueberries and about 250ml of water in my big blue pan. 



To this i added a few teaspoons of cinnamon and ginger (i can't tell you exactly how much as i just kept adding till i thought it was enough!).

I then boiled the mixture of about 15 minutes until the fruit was very soft.


To this i added 550g of caster sugar and a sachet of sugar with pectin. The mixture was then boiled for a further 15-20 minutes until it set (tested with a trusty old frozen saucer).



I got another six full jars of jam. This batch is much mellower then the blackberry and damson but equally as tasty. I now have a flat full of jammy loveliness! Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment