Monday 25 June 2012

Hen on a boat.

Well hello there chaps! How are you? What have you been up to?

I have just had the most wonderfully merry weekend. Although i am now a wee bit knackered. Well, a lot knackered actually. But it's been totally fab so i don't care, not even a little bit.

My brilliant friend Em is getting married in two weeks time and so this weekend was her hen do. And so we all pack ourselves off to deepest darkest Northamptonshire for a spot of canal boating! Yay!



Of course i was on cake duty. So i got my bake on.

First was rocky road. I don't really follow any particular recipe for this, it depends on what i have in the cupboard. This time (amongst other things) it had mars bars, revels, peanuts, marshmallows and tropical crunch cereal!



This is all held together with lots and lots of melted chocolate and a little bit of butter.


Next up was a coffee cake, which meant i got to use my beautiful KitchenAid. Any excuse.






And finally i made some peanut butter squares. Nigella, How To Be A Domestic Goddess. These are amazing. I might have eaten 3..... ok, ok 5 before i boxed them up ready to go.
 





And with that little lot and a few bottle of champagne i set off to see my pals. And a jolly old time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment