Tuesday 8 October 2013

Bullace berry gin.

The other day my dad brought me round a big bag of bullace berries. They are a bit like damsons or sloes and somewhere between the two in size.

Now i had never heard of then before but have done and bit of research and have been told that they are wonderful if made into flavoured gin. So that's what i have done!

I have used the same basic recipe that i use for making sloe gin and damson vodka. To be honest i do it by eye and don't use exact measurements. That way if, after a couple of months, it isn't sweet enough or is too sweet i can add more sugar/alcohol as is required. It also depends on how much fruit i have. I try to put in as much as possible to flavour the alcohol.

 

I have used up all of my demijohns making other flavoured alcohols this year so i had to revert back to the trusty plastic bottle.


They will now go away until Christmas time. I can't wait to find out what it tastes like!

No comments:

Post a Comment